Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sugar + Friendship = Good Times

Tomorrow a friend of mine and I will baking some cookie goodness. Not any cookies, mind you. They will be the first she has ever made by scratch. I have many childhood cookie memories. My mom would make them in big badges and freeze them for later days. And I remember my first successful solo cookie mission...oatmeal chocolate chip...so good!

We will be making the best sugar cookies ever, dairy free sugar cookies for her son who is allergic to all things that moo, and maybe even chocolate chip if we feel particularly adventurous.

Tomorrow is Presidents Day which we mothers of school age children, know as another Ugh Day. But instead of whining, we hope to hear cheers...cheers of soft sugary love. (and hopefully our kids like them too!).

"Cookies are love, the love of making them and the love of sharing them."

No comments:

Post a Comment